General Postgraduate Opportunities
Dr Lee is actively seeking highly motivated students (domestic and international) with strong academic backgrounds to work on research projects related to engineering seismology, seismic hazard and geotechnical engineering. If you are interested and consider yourself eligible, please contact Dr Lee via email (email@example.com) with ALL of the following details:
- An academic transcript (not required for UC domestic students)
- A brief curriculum vitae (2 page max) emphasizing courses completed and publications
- A brief statement (one page) of your career goals and previous research experience
- For international students: Statements from two referees that should focus on the applicant’s: – Academic skills – Ability to work as part of a vibrant research team – Independent knowledge skills – Written and oral English communication skills (particularly for non-native English applicants). – The referee statements may be sent either with, or separate to, the application from the candidate. A contact phone number and email of the referee should be provided in their statement.
- For non-native english speakers: Evidence of sufficient english communication See here. The minimum requirements are either: (1) a TOEFL score greater than 90, of which writing must be greater than 20; or (2) a IELTS score of 6.5 with no section lower than 6.0]
You will receive a reply to your email only if you provide ALL of the above material. So please do not send any incomplete/generic inquiries.
Further details on postgraduate study at the University of Canterbury can be found here. You should also investigate potential scholarships to cover tuition fees and stipend from the UC Scholarships office, or external agencies.